Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Gardener and The Accomplice

These were two books Scholastic sent me for our upcoming book fair. I just finished reading them both.

In the Accomplice, two high school girls decide that the way to get into the competitive college world is to make themselves known.  Together, they work out the "perfect" plan for one of them to go missing and for the other one to find her and this gain fame.  There is so much; however, that was unforeseen especially to the one who had to face the public and lie daily about her missing friend.  Many people get hurt along the way.

The Gardener, by the author of the Compound, was a story of a boy who finds a beautiful mysterious girl in a comatose state along with other teenagers at what he thought was his mother's nursing home job.  When he reads the Runaway Bunny and she awakens, he goes to great lengths to help her escape and to protect her.

2 comments:

  1. Though "The Gardener" has gotten mixed reviews, I really want to read it. I ordered it because I loved Bodeen's Compound. It sounds a bit different though.

    The Accomplice sounds good also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read The Gardener. Right now I'm reading I am the Number Four. So far, it's good.

    Here my run-down for the last four books I read:
    I liked Empty. People who liked Compound will like it. Hunger was very dark and different. This would be for more mature readers whose tastes run black! I loved Runaway. I want to read more by this author. Stuck in Neutral was amazing. It was really like Out of My Mind.

    ReplyDelete